Young Alumni Advisory Board
The Young Alumni Advisory Board is a group of Loras College alumni leaders from various regions in the United States who graduated within the past 10 years. The Young Alumni Advisory Board members advise the Alumni Office on young alumni interests and perspectives, share ways that young alumni would like to be engaged, advocate for young alumni needs, serve as a bridge between the Alumni Office and other alumni, take initiative in planning and attending alumni events, and ultimately help foster and sustain the active involvement of young alumni in the support of Loras College through recruitment, development and engagement. Established in the fall of 2010.
Click Here for Young Alumni Testimonials
How often does the Young Alumni Advisory Board meet?
The Young Alumni Advisory Board will meets each month either in person or via conference call. These meetings alternate monthly between committee meetings and full Board meetings. The Young Alumni Advisory Board meets on campus for two meetings a years ( Homecoming and Spring).
How do I become a Young Alumni Advisory Board member?
Please complete an application form online by clicking here.
What are the responsibilities of a Young Alumni Advisory Board member?
• Plan/organize a number of alumni events on a regular basis throughout the year that engage a greater number of young alumni
• Invite/recruit young alumni to attend alumni events (phone, text, email, Facebook, etc.)
• Raise awareness about the accomplishments and initiatives of Loras College
• Promote Distinguished Young Alumni award and encourage alumni to nominate fellow young alumni
• Increase the giving percentage of young alumni to the Loras Fund
• Work together with board in the area so that there is not a gap between Young Alumni Advisory Board and the Loras Networks
How does the Alumni Office collaborate with the Young Alumni Advisory Board?
The Loras College Alumni Office is here to help in planning, organizing, and communicating events, but it is necessary to have a core group of strong young alumni leaders to take the initiative and plan/organize events. The Alumni Office will send you Loras spirit gear to decorate tables and the door prize sign-up slips, etc. Please let the Alumni Office know if you're planning an event at least 1-2 months before the event.
Don't Wait! Get Involved! Go Duhawks!