Distinguished Alumni Award Nominations
Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients 2014
(l to r) Jennifer (Arens) Gubbels '04, John Hess, Mary Kettman '84,
Fr. Jack Paisley '67, Peter Callahan '66, Tom Tropp '69
The Alumni Relations Office is accepting nominations for the Distinguished Alumni Awards.
Categories for the awards are as follows:
1. Distinguished Alumni Awards for Outstanding Professional Achievements and Contributions Made to Loras College
2. Distinguished Alumni Award for Christian Service and Volunteer Work.
3. Distinguished Alumni Award for Service Provided to Loras College as a Faculty, Staff or Administrative Member.
4. Distinguished Alumni Award for Contributions made in Public Service.
5. Distinguished Alumni Award for Young Alumni (Graduates from Class of 2004 - Present)
With the exception of "Service provided to Loras College as a Faculty, Staff, or Administrative Member", the nominee must be a graduate of Loras College and deceased alums can not be nominated for any category.
Nominations must be returned to the Alumni Relations Office by March 31, using the online form below. Please be as complete as you can. All nominations will be reviewed by the Executive Board of the National Alumni Board. The award winners will be selected in June and will be honored during Homecoming celebrations.
Finalists not selected in a particular year will automatically be submitted for consideration the following year.
Persons must exemplify one or more of the following criteria to be nominated for one of the categories.
• Has made significant achievements in chosen field or particular endeavor.
• Through personal or professional activities reflects honor to the College.
• Must have contributed to the College in outstanding ways or made significant contributions to the community at-large.
• Nominee's activities must demonstrate particular professional accomplishment and exemplify the educational mission of the college. Service to the community is also important. In the case of the Public Service Award, the individual must show excellence in contribution of time and talents, to benefit the community (either local, state, or nationally) through volunteer work, government service, health agency assistance, etc.
• Must show exceptional personal commitment involving time and effort during time at Loras (service provided to Loras College as Faculty, Staff, Administrative Member).
• The person's daily life reflects the Christian ideals put forth by the College (Christian service and volunteer work).
Click here to submit your nomination electronically.
If you have questions please contact the Alumni Office at 563.588.7170 or email@example.com.