Young Alumni Advisory Board
The Young Alumni Advisory Board is a group of Loras College alumni leaders from various regions in the United States who graduated within the past 10 years. The Young Alumni Advisory Board members advise the Alumni Office on young alumni interests and perspectives, share ways that young alumni would like to be engaged, advocate for young alumni needs, serve as a bridge between the Alumni Office and other alumni, take initiative in planning/organizing/attending/volunteering at alumni events, and ultimately help foster and sustain the active involvement of young alumni in the support of Loras College. The Young Alumni Advisory Board began meeting in the fall of 2010.
Click Here for Young Alumni Testimonials
How often does the Young Alumni Advisory Board meet?
The Young Alumni Advisory Board will meet approximately 2 times per year on the Loras College campus (Homecoming and Spring) and participate in approximately 2 conference calls per year.
How do I become a Young Alumni Advisory Board member?
Please fill out a Young Alumni Advisory Board application form online by clicking here. You will be asked to commit to serving a 2-year term and to attend 2 on-campus meetings (Fall/Homecoming and Spring).
What are the responsibilities of a Young Alumni Advisory Board member?
• Plan/organize a number of alumni events on a regular basis throughout the year that engage a greater number of young alumni
• Invite/recruit young alumni to attend alumni events (phone, text, email, Facebook, etc.)
• Raise awareness about the accomplishments and initiatives of Loras College
• Promote Distinguished Young Alumni award and encourage alumni to nominate fellow young alumni
• Increase the giving percentage of young alumni to the Loras Fund
• Work together with board in the area so that there is not a gap between Young Alumni Advisory Board and the Loras Clubs
At every event:
• Record names of young alumni who participate in events
• Submit photographs of event to Loras College Alumni Office so photos can be posted to the Alumni website and Facebook page. Posting photos/videos for other alumni to view is a great way to raise awareness of the increased involvement of young alumni!
• Record names and class years of young alumni who donate money to the Loras Fund at young alumni events. Having a drawing for door prizes is a good way to get names of people who attend (i.e. have people drop in their business cards or write their name, email address, and class year on slips of paper)
• Notify Loras College so that each alumni donor is given credit for his or her gift
• Encourage young alumni to join "Loras College Alumni" page on Facebook
How does the Alumni Office collaborate with the Young Alumni Advisory Board?
The Loras College Alumni Office is willing to offer help in planning, organizing, and communicating events, but it is necessary to have a core group of strong young alumni leaders to take the initiative and plan/organize events. The Alumni Office can send you Loras spirit gear to decorate tables and the door prize sign-up slips, etc. Please let the Alumni Office know if you're planning an event at least 1-2 months before the event.
Don't Wait! Get Involved! Go Duhawks!